Monday, February 16, 2009

Last Post of the Day...

I'm having some trouble with #47. Pay off credit card balances. To help me with this, I've developed a system. I'm crossing my fingers that it works.

Currently I hve five envelopes... eventually they'll be jars.
1. Crafts
2. Household
3. Pets
4. Wardrobe & Accessories
5. Sewing Machine

Okay, okay, maybe having five is too many but oh well.

Every paycheck I get to put $20-$60 (starting with the 20s now and eventually moving up in amounts until my credit cards are paid off) into ANY of these five envelopes that I choose... depending on what my obcession for the week is. If I just put the money in a regular savings envelope/jar I might spend all the money on crafts and none on pets, etc.

THIS way... I'll have funding for the things that I want and won't be using my credit cards now. I should be able to pay off the bulk of it (like 95% of it with my tax refund but I have yet to do my taxes... hopefully next weekend). I removed my credit cards from my wallet and put them away with my passport and my dorminat cards from Michigan.

This'll help me save up for the things that I want (I love crafts, I want a pet but have no money, I'd love to upgrade my wardrobe, etc.) My obcessions vary from week to week and where I want to spend my money varies from week to week. So if one week I'm desperate to own a sewing machine that money will go there, etc.

I think the majority of it will go into crafts, sewing machine, and wardrobe for the next couple of weeks. The sewing machine being number 1 probably... but these things are so darn expensive.

Well we'll see how it goes... I'm off to apply for a second job followed by summer jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment