Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Counting To Ten

Changed #86 from "watch Mom graduate from LSSU" to "Be able to count to ten in ten other languages" (not including English!). As previously mentioned, my mom is no longer walking in graduation. With my students (I teach 6th grade) I always count to ten and then the students hold up their whiteboards. I spent 5 months in Germany and learned to count to 10 while I was there (from Kate's mom!) The kids love counting to ten in a language they don't know (the majority of them know both English and Spanish), so this is also a career focus goal becuase my students enjoy it so much.

Here's the languages I know so far:
1. Spanish
2. German
3. French
4. Czech
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Spanish 1-10
1. uno
2. dos
3. tress
4. cuatro
5. cinco
6. seis
7. siete
8. ocho
9. nueve
10. diez
Known this since I was a kid, probably in thanks to Seasame Street

German 1-10
1. eins
2. zwei
3. drei
4. feer
5. foonf
6. zecks
7. zeeben
8. ahkt
9. Noyn
10. Tsayn
Learned in the fall of 2007 while I was in Germany. Kate intially taught me how and her mom worked with my on pronunciation.

French 1-10
1. un
2. deux
3. trois
4. quatre
5. cinq
6. six
7. sept
8. huit
9. neuf
10. dix
Got the list on Feburary 5, 2009, am currently practicing and looking to teach my students (provides great practice for me too!).

Czech 1-10
1. Jedna (Yeh-Dnah)
2. Dva (Dvah)
3. Tri (Tri)
4. Pet (Piet)
6. Sest (Shest)
7. Sedm (Seh-dum)
8. Osm (Os-um)
9. Devet (Deh-viet)
10. Deset (Deh-set)

No comments:

Post a Comment